Insider Info on Trading in your vehicle (courtesy of Selby Jessiman)
If you are wanting to trade in your vehicle, there are a few things that can hurt as well as help the value of your vehicle. Keep these things in mind before you come in to get your vehicle appraised:
Things that hurt your vehicles value:
· If there was hail damage in the past…. Did you make a claim? If so how much? ½ of the value of the claim is deducted off the vehicle when it is being appraised
· Any accidents that are found on the CarProof
· Smoking in your vehicle
· A broken/dinged windshield
· Tires that have equal to or less than 4/32nds of an inch of tread, they will need to be replaced
· Body work dents and dings
· Extremely dirty interior
· Aftermarket accessories do not increase vehicle value
· Aftermarket chips can void your vehicles warranty
· High kilometers
Things that improve your vehicles value:
· Bringing any maintenance up to speed
· Having records of maintenance and service
· Having your vehicle clean and tidy- a clean truck subconsciously increases value during the appraisal process
· Repairing any hail damage
· Repairing dings and body dents
· Having a second set of tires and rims (ex. Summer and Winter set)
· Having 2 sets of keys
· If you have installed aftermarket accessories- keep the stock parts
· Trading in the vehicle before 100,000kms or warranty is expired
What happens when we appraise your vehicle?
Because we pride our dealership on full disclosure and transparency, here is what you can expect from the Strathmore Dodge Appraisal Process: One of our awesome Sales Managers will take your vehicle for a spin to begin the process. They will take into account any and all of the factors mentioned above. Next, they will gather all the information attached to your vehicles VIN (vehicle identification number) and pull the CarProof. They will look at vehicles of similar models, condition, year and kilometers that have sold or are for sale anywhere from 100km-1000kms away and how many days they sat before selling or have been sitting. A small markup for profit is also accounted for. In terms of our Appraisal Process, you can expect an EXTREMELY fair value for your trade!
Why Today Is A Good Time to Trade In Your Used Vehicle?
A used car crunch across Canada has put a new spin on how people buy and sell used vehicles. There's a shortage of vehicles between four and seven years old, and if you're driving one, this is the perfect time to trade it in and get an upgrade!
Why We Can Pay Above Value For Your Trade In?
The shortage dates back to the 2008 recession, when auto makers nearly halted the option for leasing new cars. People who bought vehicles at that time also financed over longer terms, meaning they kept their cars longer, causing the supply of pre-owned vehicles to shrink.
Fill out the form below for your free trade appraisal, and we'll be in touch as quickly as possible to get you the best premium for your used vehicle.